Monday, January 19, 2009

OH YEAH!

Unfinished Objects...

Dug out these projects today. Seems I have forgotten about them, or just gotten distracted....so in hopes of making progress on these ufo's I thought I would make them public and perhaps make myself somewhat accountable. Maybe I'll even finish one of them eventually!

muirmuir1muir2

This is MUIR from Knitty. I took on this project well over a year ago for my friend Nancy and I must say it is quite an undertaking. I get a repeat done in about a day and it is 13 repeats!! It is not a knit in public piece, so I have to do this at home and I actually enjoy it, but time is limited so this one may take another year!!! I'm not giving up hope though.
P.S. You know what they say about unblocked lace...looks like boiled ass....so don't judge the pics ok??

dianadiana1

This scarf is for my friend Diana. A belated Christmas present.....say 2007!!!! Let's just say I have some very patient friends. This is a pattern from our local yarn shop Knitch. It's really very simple and not sure why I keep dragging my feet on it...perhaps because there will be a million ends to weave in when it is finished.


dbl1dbl

A scarf for me. From Debbie Stoller's latest "Son of Stitch and Bitch." It is a double knit argyle and it is SLOW to knit. I love the results, but at the rate I have been going it will be 2020 when I actually have it finished. Another that is not easy to knit in public...requires attention, and as we all know that is a challenge for the doctor. I will have to lock myself in my room for a while and get it done...or not.

DAY 15-Smokeless in Atlanta.....it's getting much easier, for the most part. Thanks for all the support so far.

Three posts in three weeks...that's a record for me. More to come...

knit on...

6 comments:

Knit Witch said...

That's some fine lookin' boiled ass if I do say so myself......

Anonymous said...

I see an orange/brown theme here, Shirley. Soooo Seventies, dahling!

Diana T. said...

Hey, looking good! And just remember, things take as long as they need to. Hope I see you soon.

Bo... said...

Oh I LOVE the argyle scarf!

Jassy Lupa said...

Hey! Love your blog! I will stay tuned from now on out. Maybe, just maybe I will get some inspiration to really kick start my own blog which is in a comma. Had so much fun with you yesterday.
Big hug...

KnitWit said...

I will gladly wear that boiled ass!