Friday, June 26, 2009

THE GRADUATE

Austin...

I just made a visit to Madison Wisconsin for my nephew Austin's Graduation. Wanted to put him on the blog 'cause I am so proud of him!


austin

Here he is sporting his new diploma. I have to say, as far as graduations go I really enjoyed his! It was a very inspiring day and I am really glad I got to be there.

austin1austin2

Here he is with Ted and Kim, the proud parents, and with Mom and me.

I got to visit one of the local yarn stores in Madison while taking a bike ride with my brother Ted...


lakeside

Lakeside Fibers is a really wonderful store located right on the lake with a nice deck to sit and knit and enjoy the view.

lakeside2

Also, while attending the local farmer's market at the Capitol in Madison, I happened across some local knitters selling their goods!

market

As always, wherever I go, the knitters I come across are always welcoming and friendly, and these two were no exception. They gladly let me take their picture and I told them I would put them on the blog when I got back! Great hats...

I love visiting Wisconsin. Madison is just a really cool place. There is such a sense of community and I always feel at home there. I had a great visit. It was too short, but I am so grateful to have had such a nice time and get the chance to see what a brilliant young man my nephew Austin has become!

Knit on...

No comments: